Commuting to New York from Millburn New Jersey
Living in Millburn New Jersey gives you various options for traveling into Manhattan including travel via train, bus, car, path, by water or by air.
- Train - Millburn commuters can travel to NY via New Jersey Transit by two different train lines; The Morristown Line and The Gladstone Branch line. The Morristown Line is better known as The "Midtown Direct" which provides service to Penn Station 34th Street without any transfers and in a commute time of about 43 minutes.The Gladstone Branch line provides service to Hoboken with 2 direct trains into Penn Station 34th Street. In Hoboken, one can connect to either the PATH or Light Rail along with Ferry access via the Waterway.
Millburn commuters can pick up the train at 35 Essex Street, Millburn 07041. See below for parking in Millburn New Jersey.
- Bus - The Lakeland Bus line offers Millburn and Short Hills residents service from Summit to New York City Wall Street.
Click here to see the full schedule.
Millburn residents can also utilize the NJ Transit bus line, where there are express busses to the Port Authority of NY.
- Driving - Millburn provides its residents with close proximity to I-78, Garden State Parkway and New Jersey Turnpike.
- WaterWay - Millburn residents can also utilize the New York Waterway
Click here to see the full waterway schedule and fare
- Airport - Newark Liberty International Airport is only 11.5 miles from the Millburn, one of the largest airports in the nation.
Millburn New Jersey Commuter Parking
A Millburn resident can easily obtain a commuter parking pass at Millburn Town Hall, located at 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ 07041. A resident commuter parking pass costs only $200/6months or $300/year. They are also in the process of completing construction on a commuter parking garage, projected to be completed in Summer `13.
LOT 1 (Dunnell Rd & Oakview Ave)
LOT 2 (Dunnell Rd & Baker St)
LOT 3 (Maplewood Ave)